"During the middle of the 18th century this late medieval building was enlarged with the addition of extensions to each end of the building.
Historically, this building is referred to as ‘Gate House’ and is mentioned in a number of detailed documentary references and photographs survive.
The building stood until 1906 when it was finally pulled down and replaced with the Wimbledon and American Roller Skating Rink, afterwards by an airship and balloon factory.
In 1922 it became the Wimbledon Palais de Danse."
Later "Furniture Land" - then demolished 2000.