Friday, February 24, 2012

Xavier Le Roy

Xavier Le Roy

"maybe have a life where it's not so clear pleasure  work
to describe my work
I would say in the first place experimental that is what I am interested in that is making a performance that are experiment with he spectators
let's start with the easiest one that is the 'sacre de printemps'
the conductor is doing
I have no education in music so that is really help to have this perspective
and I have the feeling that is more reacting on the music than producing the music than - in something
this balance between this very confused moment when you don't know the cause and what is effect
out this observation could be an interesting thing to work on this kind of movement as being  dance movement on the music
working for the body for to dance  is a very difficult kind of difficulty and it appear that some of my body was not well construct for this and what happen is I struggle a lot  but what helped me is that because I could not do what I was supposed to as a dancer then I had to develop and do other things which afterwards was interesting because this was a way to develop something interesting
It is difficult to do experimental work with a lot of people because experimental work by definition and it's a pity and it's like this doesn't invite a big audience if you don't invite a big audience you will not get a lot of means
so if you don't get a lot of means you can't work with a lot of people or you have to work with them without paying  which is out of question 
so you know this after plays a big role in why and how you do solo work so after now I can get some support for my work and subsidies and things like this I alternate very much between work that I do with people and work that I do solo"



http://www.xavierleroy.com/

No comments: