Monday, March 19, 2012

Sutapa Biswas

Sutapa Biswas was the last of the artists giving a talk about their work before the Easter break, though it was already a few weeks ago. 


First off she got my admiration for clear speaking, how few realise they can't be heard when they are facing the screen and not the auditorium. Rattled that the next lecturer was psycho about being delayed. we got qa whistle stop tour of her background - I won't forget the image of the Punjab agriculturally poisoned after partition. It became a bit unclear after that (I don't have my notes on me) though an audio piece in the Pitt Rivers museum stood out, and a video with her son and a horse.

I could have listened to her all day.


This was supposed to be an attempt at some writing, but I have to go and walk the dogs. Ho hum.



No comments: